1. I drink the same cup of coffee all day. I just keep warming it up in the microwave.. (are you gagging yet? )
2. I love to garden, and I mean LOVE, but I will only plant things I can eat. Lol..I hate flowers, shrubs, bushes etc.
3. When I can’t seem to move forward on a character or plot, I get in the shower. For some reason, the hot water makes the magic happen, baby. (Dirty thoughts, Ladies? Heh heh)
4. I’m not a huge paranormal reader. <gasp> Now, don’t get me wrong, I have my beloved authors and books in paranormal romance for sure, but my favourite genre is actually historical – and the steamier the better!
5. I never, ever thought I’d be a writer. I was all about acting and ballroom dancing since childhood, and believed I’d keep going in that direction.
UTC: As we mentioned earlier, you have built a complex and darkly alluring world with this paranormal romance series. How did Mark of the Vampire come to be? What was the inspiration behind the series?
UTC: With vampires being a popular choice for paranormal romance series, what intrigued you about these fanged creatures? Did you know that the brothers would be vampires from the very beginning?
I didn’t know the boys would be vamps right away.. I knew they wouldn’t be human, but the vampire part of them came from their father, the Breeding Male and what I created him to be.
UTC: On to questions about favorites! If you could spend the day with only ONE brother, who would you pick and why? What type of activities would you do?
UTC: Between the brothers, who was the most difficult to write? The easiest?
UTC: What is one quality that all heroes should have?
UTC: I adore the names of your characters! Do character names come easy for you? What about the terminology you use throughout this series? I.e. balas, veana, etc...
The terminology – I felt that the Eternal Breed, living their separate lives in their credentis for so many centuries would have their own language as well as having taken on some of the more modern language.
UTC: One of the best things about your Mark of the Vampire series is the distinction between the Impures and the Pureblood vampires. What was the inspiration for this?
In the MOTV world, there hasn’t been much change until Alex’s book, until the Order messes with the Romans. Now, they have to decide what they believe, and ultimately what side they will fight for.
UTC: Luca trumps both Alex and Nicky in my eyes! I adore him! What can we expect from his book, Eternal Captive?
Lol, Luca. He has stolen many a heart, beating and not :) He’s my terrifying beautiful asshole and his book made me ball like a baby – or a balas :) In Eternal Captive you can expect Luca to be challenged on every level. He is forced to deal with the side of himself he most fears – and it may not be what you think…
UTC: Tell us, what’s next for Laura Wright?
Thanks SO much for having me here! What a blast – hope to come back and maybe bring Lucca???
And now, cue drumroll, please! Laura Wright has graciously offered a book of the winner's choice as well as some swag goodies! This giveaway is open to everyone!
1. Be a follower of our blog
2. In comments of this interview, leave your email so we can contact you if you win!
Giveaway ends June 7. Winner will be announced on June 8. Good Luck!