Bad Boys, Beasts, & Some Angels
Thanks so much for having me here at Under the Covers. Today, I thought I’d talk about one of my favorite topics: Bad Boys. Come on, surely there are some bad boys fans around?
I love reading about the heroes who slip over that fine line between good and bad. These are the guys that make you shiver. They make you tense. They make you wonder…how can being bad be so very good?
I like to write about less-than-perfect heroes in my books. Men who are flawed and men who’ve even done some very wicked deeds (my demon and werewolf heroes know all about wicked deeds), so when I decided to write a new series for Kensington Brava, I knew I would want to write about more wicked men. My problem? This series was gonna be about angels.
But who says an angel can’t be a bit wicked? And when angels are wicked, guess what happens? In my world, they become Fallen. Dark, dangerous, tortured, they aren’t “good” any more (maybe they never were), and these guys can deliver death with a simple touch.
It seems that I like to make my good boys into bad men. That’s a flaw I have. I’ll work on it. Maybe. While I work on that flaw, I thought I’d share 5 characteristics of a (good) bad boy:
1. Kicks butt, doesn’t take names. (He doesn’t care about names.)
2. Black is his favorite color, and the man can wear it so very well.
3. The guy’s body is a lethal weapon. Chuck Norris has nothing on him. Really. Nothing.
4. Sexy is his middle name.
And characteristic number 5?
5. No matter what else happens, a true bad boy hero will make dang sure that no one ever hurts his heroine. After all, underneath that badness, he’s still the hero. He may be bad to the rest of the world, but to the heroine…he can be a white knight.
What do you think about bad boys? Got some characteristics you’d like to share? One commenter will be randomly selected to win an ARC of my December release, ANGEL OF DARKNESS.
NEVER CRY WOLF—Available now from Kensington Brava
You heard it! Eden is giving away an ARC of ANGEL OF DARKNESS to one lucky commenter! I know I'd love to get my hands on this, and all YOU have to do to enter is:
1. Be a follower of this blog
2. Answer Cynthia Eden's question in the comments section and make sure you leave your email address as well so we can contact you!
Good luck maidens!!!