* Jacquelyn Frank: Author Override | UTC Reviews
Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Review: The Perfect Rake by Anne Gracie
I think I must be in the Plain Jane mood, this is the second book I have read like this, one sister completely different in looks from her blonde and slender sisters! But I love it. If anyone knows more of these kind of books, don't hesitate in letting me know!
I think Gideon may be the perfect man. I LOVED him, I don't know how Prudence resisted him. Here is a list of Why I Love Gideon:
1. Despite Prue being the "plain" one he only sees her as beautiful and is truely bewildered when people say her sisters are the gorgeous ones, he just doesn't see it.
2. He falls in love with Prudence first and isn't afriad to admit it and pursue her.
3. He is a rake, but rather then being a dark brooding *yawn* tortured rake, he is fairly light hearted and just enough wicked to keep it interesting
4. He is adorable with 10 year old Grace, the youngest Merridew sister and takes a good, and well deserved, kick in the shins from her without complaint.
5. Did I mention he was hawt?
I liked Prudence as well, although Gideon did kind of steal the show for me, what was good was that rather then the hero being the tortured one, she was, some truely terrible things had happened to her but she moves on and does her best for her sisters.
A fantastic read, which I am sure I will reread at some point. I definitely recommend it!