Almost halfway through our SAMHAIN NIGHTS event where we are featuring authors published by Samhain Publishing everyday of the week. We have with us today Natasha Moore!
Who is Natasha Moore? Tell us 5 interesting things about you that readers would not know.
1. I was totally a “good girl” growing up – friends who knew me then are surprised to hear I write the hot stuff.
2. I used to sing in a barbershop quartet – singing harmony is so much fun.
3. In another life, I would have loved to have performed in a Broadway musical. Of course, I would have had to have been much taller, with longer legs and tons more talent.
3. I love to visit new places but hate to travel.
4. I love the beach and if I ever get rich from my writing I will buy a beach house.
5. My family has some big events coming up – my daughter is expecting her first baby in November and my son is getting married in 2013.
Can you tell us a bit about your Paolo's Playhouse series with Samhain?
I’d love to. I’ve read a lot of erotic romances that take place in sex clubs with dungeons and public viewing areas and while they work for those stories, I wanted to come up with the kind of fantasy sex club I might actually go to. So the Playhouse, a private fantasy club was invented, and along with it, its sexy and enigmatic owner, Paolo. The four stories in the series are intentionally short, dealing with a couple at a crossroads and how their visit to a playroom at the Playhouse affects their relationship. Each story features a different fantasy: exhibitionism, voyeurism, ménage, and bondage. Reader response has been great!
Book 4 in the Paolo's Playhouse series is called Plaything. Can you describe this book in twitter style in 140 characters or less?
Julianne goes to the Playhouse to live out her fantasy of bondage sex, but when she meets Paolo her fantasy changes to bondage sex with him.
How did you decide to be a writer?
I’ve been a writer nearly as long as I’ve been a reader. I remember writing stories about my favorite TV characters when I was in grade school. I don’t really think I ever decided to be a writer, I just wrote.
What advice would you give to aspiring authors who have where idea where to start?
Read a lot and write a lot. Read what you love and what you’ve never read before. Write what excites you and gives you joy.
What is your favorite thing about being a Samhain author?
I love everything about being a Samhain author. I signed my first contract with them in 2006 and just signed my 9th contract with them for an erotic romance novel that will be released in December. I love my editor and the art department, and I love that they were willing to take a chance on a new author and that they have helped me grow as a writer.
It's a warm summer's night and you are free to do anything you want! What would you do and who would you spend it with?
I’d sit out on my back porch with my family and friends, drinking wine and sharing stories and laughing a lot.
Click here to visit Ms. Moore' Samhain website